Top Posts & Pages
- Crémant - More than Mere Froth
- Fifty Shades of Unicorn
- Victoria Torres Pecis - The New Star of the Canaries
- Now This Really Is Weird!
- Eastern France Part 2 - Jean-Pierre Rietsch, Mittelbergheim
- Real Wine Fair 2019, Part 2
- Real Wine Fair 2017, Part 1 - Austria & Germany
- Switzerland - Game On
- Blank Bottle at Butlers - Pieter Walser fills us in.
- Pipette and Other Vinous Writing
Tag Archives: Thomas Haag
No one in the UK has a range of German Wines that outstrips that of Howard Ripley Wines. Although they could not supply all my German requirements, if I had to I could live off Ripley Riesling (and Spätburgunder). They … Continue reading
On 13 March 2019 Howard Ripley Wines held their biggest ever tasting at the China Exchange in Soho, London. For this tasting, thirty producers’ wines were on show, and I believe that twenty-six of them were actually there to pour for … Continue reading
There’s a certain sedate quality to your average Howard Ripley Tasting. You turn up early to the grand venue, the Pension’s Room in Gray’s Inn, and for a few moments you can sip amid a sea of calm. Even when … Continue reading
When the world of politics is dissolving, you know that there are still a few remaining certainties in life, and one of those is that a Howard Ripley German Tasting will come up with the goods. Consistency is something the … Continue reading