Top Posts & Pages
- Now This Really Is Weird!
- Fifty Shades of Unicorn
- Recent Wines June 2020 (Part 1) (and a nod to the Val d'Aosta) #theglouthatbindsus
- A Toast to Aosta
- Blank Bottle at Butlers - Pieter Walser fills us in.
- Victoria Torres Pecis - The New Star of the Canaries
- Real Wine Fair 2019, Part 1
- Enfariné? The Ancient Varieties (Arbois Visit, December 2018)
- Tongba, A Study of Emptiness
- Return to the Vaults Part 4 - Howard Ripley
Tag Archives: Florian Lauer
September sees so many tastings, too many. A top Sommelier told me yesterday that all the importers think that the sommeliers change their wine lists, starting from scratch, in November, but she also added that this is a complete myth. … Continue reading
No one in the UK has a range of German Wines that outstrips that of Howard Ripley Wines. Although they could not supply all my German requirements, if I had to I could live off Ripley Riesling (and Spätburgunder). They … Continue reading
On 13 March 2019 Howard Ripley Wines held their biggest ever tasting at the China Exchange in Soho, London. For this tasting, thirty producers’ wines were on show, and I believe that twenty-six of them were actually there to pour for … Continue reading
When the world of politics is dissolving, you know that there are still a few remaining certainties in life, and one of those is that a Howard Ripley German Tasting will come up with the goods. Consistency is something the … Continue reading