Top Posts & Pages
- Real Wine Fair 2019, Part 2
- Real Wine Fair 2019, Part 1
- Real Wine Fair 2019, Part 3
- Blank Bottle at Butlers - Pieter Walser fills us in.
- Victoria Torres Pecis - The New Star of the Canaries
- Three Go Mad In Islington - Nekter, Roland, Modal Portfolio 2019
- Is This the Outer Edge of the Wine World?
- Basket Press Returns to Plateau
- Va Tutto...Bon
Tag Archives: Ziereisen Baden
September sees so many tastings, too many. A top Sommelier told me yesterday that all the importers think that the sommeliers change their wine lists, starting from scratch, in November, but she also added that this is a complete myth. … Continue reading
No one in the UK has a range of German Wines that outstrips that of Howard Ripley Wines. Although they could not supply all my German requirements, if I had to I could live off Ripley Riesling (and Spätburgunder). They … Continue reading
On 13 March 2019 Howard Ripley Wines held their biggest ever tasting at the China Exchange in Soho, London. For this tasting, thirty producers’ wines were on show, and I believe that twenty-six of them were actually there to pour for … Continue reading
There’s a certain sedate quality to your average Howard Ripley Tasting. You turn up early to the grand venue, the Pension’s Room in Gray’s Inn, and for a few moments you can sip amid a sea of calm. Even when … Continue reading
Pretty much every time I go to a Tasting of German wines we see a few reds tacked on to the end, and I suppose that’s how reds have been seen in the past when it comes to the UK … Continue reading