Top Posts & Pages
- Grower Champagne - Here's Our Chance To Dance Our Way Out Of Our Constrictions (Feet Don't Fail Me Now)
- Tongba, A Study of Emptiness
- Review of the Year 2021
- Field Blends and Gemischter Satz - Why Should we Get to Know Them?
- Recent Wines December 2021 (Part 2) #theglouthatbindsus
- Fizz! - Review of Anthony Rose's New Book on Sparkling Wines
- Central Victoria Part 2 - Bindi
- Food for a Change...the Wonderful Cuisine of Nepal
- Recent Wines December 2021 (Part 1) #theglouthatbindsus
- Appellations - Who Needs Them?
Category Archives: Nepal
As some readers probably know, I’ve been in Nepal, hence the quiet month of November. It was a last-minute rush, to see family, as soon as the country came off the “Red List”, and perhaps timely looking at how the … Continue reading
It lives! After my last article in early October I’ve been travelling. The result will be a host of articles from Australia, though I hope that, by-and-large avoiding the obvious, I won’t be substantially repeating what others have written as … Continue reading
You’ve probably noticed how frantically I have been writing recently, with so many of September’s round of tastings to get through. Now is the time to reflect what I’ve been drinking at home in the past month, but I really … Continue reading
Tongba (also variously spelt Tongpa, or तोङवा in Nepali, and roughly translating as “emptiness”) is the drink of the Limbu people of Eastern Nepal, but despite some vigorous arguments on the Web, it is also commonly known as Tibetan Hot Beer. Whatever its … Continue reading